Thursday, January 13, 2011

Demetri Martin's Personal life

Comedian Demetri Martin was born on May 25, 1973, in New York City. Demetri Martin's mother, Lilian is a nutritionist and Dean Martin, the comedian's father is a Greek Orthodox priest.

Demetri Martin's parents also run a Greek diner in Beachwood, New Jersey, called the Sand Castle.

In 1995, Demetri Martin graduated from Yale University and went to the NYU School of Law, but he dropped out a year before graduation, despite his parent's objections.

â??Itâ??s weird to make a decision where everyone in your life disapproves, pretty vocally and directly. They said, 'You've got one year left. Just do it.' I had a full scholarship so I didnâ??t have to pay for it. I ignored them. They asked, 'Why donâ??t you just get the degree so you can have it?' And I said, 'You donâ??t understand. I was trying to figure out what I wanted to do and now I know. I have the answer and itâ??s dumb to waste any more time.'â? - stated the comedian.


View the original article here

0 comments: